Information regarding the Engineer Intern position
The City of Conway is accepting resumes for an Engineer Intern working within the City of Conway Street and Engineering Department. The Engineer Intern will provide engineering expertise in the area of street and drainage design as well as storm water management, traffic control, and development review.
||Nov. 16, 2017
||See Required Skills
||$54,282 to $59,582
|Arkansas DL Required:
Education and Experience: Degree
required from an ABET accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of
Science in Civil, Transportation, or Traffic Engineering or closely related
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations: Applicant should have or be able to obtain registration
as an Engineer Intern in the state of Arkansas as well as a valid Arkansas
driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed construction plans and specifications for street and intersection improvements, storm drainage improvements, traffic signal improvements and other public works projects utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Compute quantities, prepare cost estimates, and develop timelines for construction projects.
- Review construction plans, specifications, drainage calculations, and traffic impact studies for conformance to city requirements and sound engineering.
- Conduct field review of construction projects to determine compliance with construction plans and conformance to city requirements.
- Assist in the review and payment of contractor pay estimates.
- Conduct field review of drainage and street maintenance issues and determine appropriate repairs on matters of concern reported by the public. Respond to citizen questions and complaints as needed.
- Assist in compliance with ADEQ, ANRC, AHTD, and FEMA requirements.
- Prepare and present both written and oral presentations of engineering projects and proposals at public meetings.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, contractors, and elected officials.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of traffic signal coordination plans.
- Other related duties as required.
Online ApplicationPrint Application