Information regarding the Project Engineer position
The Project Engineer will provide engineering expertise in the area of street and drainage design as well as storm water management, traffic control, and development review.
||April 26, 2016
||See Required Skills
|Arkansas DL Required:
- Prepare detailed construction plans and specifications for street and intersection improvements, storm drainage improvements and other public works projects utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Prepare and present both written and oral presentations of engineering projects and proposals at public meetings.
- Compute quantities, prepare cost estimates, and develop timelines for construction projects
- Review construction plans, specifications, drainage calculations, and traffic impact studies for conformance to city requirements and sound engineering.
- Conduct field review of construction projects to determine compliance with construction plans and conformance to city requirements.
- Assist in the review and payment of contractor pay estimates.
- Conduct field review of drainage and street maintenance issues and determine appropriate repairs on matters of concern reported by the public.
- Respond to citizen questions and complaints as needed.
- Coordinate with contractors, engineers, and public agencies on multijurisdictional projects.
- Assist in compliance with ADEQ, ANRC, and AHTD requirements.
- Assist in the evaluation of project bids and proposals.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public,co-workers, and elected officials.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Degree required from an ABET accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or closely related field. Seven (7) years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Must have ability to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Arkansas
- Resumes will be accepted until position is filled
Online ApplicationPrint Application