Current Job Openings
Last update 06/14/2013
The City of Conway is accepting applications for the position of Construction Specialist working in the Conway Street Department. This position performs manual labor and operates equipment required to accomplish street maintenance tasks.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent and/or 1-3 months prior relevant experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid AR Class A or Class B CDL license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Must be able to operate and drive a dump truck.
- Ability to disseminate instructions accurately.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, use manual tools and operate heavy equipment.
- Must be willing to work in adverse physical environment (inclement weather.)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers and elected officials.
Salary for the Construction Specialist position is $14.31 per hour or $29,757.00 annually. Submit completed applications to the City of Conway Human Resources Department, 1201 Oak Street, Conway, AR 72032; Fax: (501) 513-3503 or e-mail: Humanresouces@cityofconway.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The City of Conway is accepting applications for a CDL Driver position working in the Sanitation Department. Requirements are:
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or 1-3 months prior relevant experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have and maintain a valid AR Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) class B.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work in an adverse physical environment (inclement weather.)
Submit completed applications to the City of Conway Human Resources Department; 1201 Oak Street, Conway, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Starting salary is $15.09 per hour; pre-employment and random drug/alcohol testing is required.
DIRECTOR OF PERMITTING/CODE ENFORCEMENT
The City of Conway, Arkansas, is seeking an experienced professional with proven leadership skills to serve as the Director of Permitting and Code Enforcement. Conway is a vibrant and progressive community with an estimated population of over 60,000 located 31 miles northwest of Little Rock. Also known as "the City of Colleges," Conway is home to three institutions of higher education - the University of Central Arkansas, Hendrix College and Central Baptist College.
The Director of Permitting and Code Enforcement reports directly to the Mayor and serves as the Building Code Official, Development Review Plans Examiner and Chief Building Inspector. The director is responsible for administration and enforcement of applicable federal, state and local building codes, housing codes, municipal codes and zoning ordinances. The director manages a staff which includes Building Inspectors, Code Enforcement Officers and Administrative Assistants. Responsibilities include but are not limited to preparation of the Permitting and Code Enforcement Department annual budget, including revenue projections; review and complaint resolution; the development of department policies and operating procedures; and drafting, amending, preparation and interpretation of ordinances pertaining to permits, inspections and code enforcement activities. The Director advises the Mayor, City Council, City Commissions, other City departments and the general public regarding permitting and code enforcement issues.
- Highly qualified candidates may hold a Bachelor's or associate’s degree in a construction related discipline such as engineering, architecture, planning, public administration, business or a related field, plus three (3) years related construction/inspection experience; a valid building inspector certification and or a building plan examiner certification by ICC or ability to obtain within one (1) year of employment. Equivalent combinations of education, experience and certifications may be considered.
Resumes and at least three professional and one personal reference may be mailed to Human Resources Director, City of Conway, 1201 Oak Street, Conway, AR 72032; email to email@example.com; or faxed to the attention of Human Resources Director at 501-513-3503. Submitted resumes will be subject to disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
The City of Conway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital or veteran status, political status, disability status or other legally protected status.
1201 Oak Street
Conway, AR 72032
Director Human Resources
Human Resource Assistant
Download the City of Conway Job Application
Form (PDF) 6k